Blog Archive

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas...

I am so happy that as of last night I am pretty sure my computer is functioning well enough to upload all of my pictures! We still have many issues to sort out with it though. I SOOO wish I was more technologically advanced.

I am so excited for Christmas this year...I love all that this season brings...Joy, laughter, food, family, friends and so much more. This year is different though. I now have an almost 2 year old who is thoroughly enjoying all that Christmas brings as well. She loves the lights, our tree, all the presents, her stocking and Santa! She knows that Santa will be filling her stocking with toys...she looks in it every day and then looks at me with a puzzled look and says, "Santa? Toys?" I love her interest in all the worldly things that Christmas brings...
However, it is her infatuation with our nativity scene that gets me. Her favorite part of the nativity is baby Jesus. She just loves to find him and hold and talk to him. We have talked about the real meaning of Christmas with her and would love to say that she totally gets it but it is still hard for her to grasp! I think we will sing Happy Birthday to Jesus tomorrow so that she knows who all the celebrating is about! I am in awe of the miracle of Jesus birth and am so thankful that I know the true meaning of Christmas. My heart is full as I think of adding another sweet little girl to our Christmas next year (and I am especially thankful for Mary as I am so close to the birth of baby number 2)! Merry Christmas Hallie! I love you so much!

No comments: